November 9th-12th, 2017
Asheville, North Carolina
a little backstory...
This past February, 15 of us came together in Costa Rica to explore the question, "How does spirituality relate to social change?" Over four days we explored this question in the context of individuals, collectives, and society as a whole. What happened was so powerful and so transformative, we've decided to host it again. This time in the oldest mountains in the world: Asheville, North Carolina.
Photo Credits: Kelsey Moss & Lauran-Michelle Cherry
what guides us?
design + hosting team
The Spirituality and Social Change Design Team is a diverse, multi-racial, multi-generational group of people who are deeply called to offer radical hospitality to those engaged in, and activated by, the intersection of spirituality and social change. The Design team is comprised of ordained clergy, professional facilitators, change-makers, entrepreneurs, healers, business owners, ethicists, college faculty and spiritualists, who have worked for decades contributing to the fields of community organizing, social sector capacity building, leadership development, education, executive coaching and experiential design.
Highland Lake Cove
- Highland Lake Cove (215 Rhett Dr; Flat Rock NC 28731) about 25 minutes from downtown Asheville, easily accessible from the Asheville airport as well as Greenville, SC (about an hour and 15 minute drive) & Charlotte, NC (about a 2-hour drive)
- Thursday, November 9 to Sunday November 12, 2017
- $750 for the first 10 participants
- $850 thereafter
- 3 nights of lodging either in a shared cottage or a private single room
- All meals which are mostly locally sourced and organic (chef can accommodate dietary needs)
- All materials
The first step is to check in with yourself and see if you truly feel called to participate. If so, please click on the "Apply Here" button below and fill out the application. Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly after we receive your application.
Please email all questions to Marsha Boyd at: firstname.lastname@example.org